Deelip.com

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Bricsys Visit

Today I visited Bricsys. I thought I knew a lot about the company and its products. As it turned out, that was not quite the case. This evening Eric de Keyser, the CEO of Bricsys, took me out to dinner along with CTO Luc the Batselier, to an exquisite restaurant on the banks of the river Leie, which was once upon a time a warehouse.




Tomorrow I will be spending the day at Bricsys again and I leave for home the day after. I will be writing at length about Bricsys when I return back to my space and time.

6 Comments:

  • If you get the chance, please ask them how far along they are in their Linux port of Bricscad. Release date was 2009 I believe... If you're wondering how I'd know about this, someone on a French Ubuntu forum leaked a memo from Mr. de Keyser about this last year. Ralph Grabowski also blogged about it.

    Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your trip!

    By Anonymous Normand C., At 7:13 AM, May 05, 2009  

  • Normand, I did ask them about the Linux version. They let me know that it will be out in 2009, probably later in the year. They are excited as hell about it. It is going to cause a stir and they know it.

    By Blogger Deelip Menezes, At 11:40 AM, May 05, 2009  

  • And make it open source too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:05 PM, May 05, 2009  

  • Thanks Deelip!

    @ Anonymous

    I love Open Source, but you have to be realistic. CAD is a pretty specific market, and you can't expect Bricsys to be a viable company in an Open Source setting. Plus, they have to licence the ACIS modeler from Spatial for 3D modeling.

    By Anonymous Normand C., At 11:10 PM, May 07, 2009  

  • Would it be possible to know if Bricsys is going to release a Mac version of Bricscad?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:05 PM, June 29, 2009  

  • Yes, I think that's the plan.

    By Blogger Deelip Menezes, At 5:32 PM, June 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home