Deelip.com

Monday, January 21, 2008

MoI Version 1.0 Released - Quietly

On 18th January 2008, Michael Gibson posted the following message on the MoI forum:

"After 4 years of development, I am proud to announce that the final release of MoI version 1.0 is now available!"

That was it! The product launch, I mean.

As mentioned in my earlier article ("Solid Modeling for $195"), you can purchase a MoI license for precisely $195. I ended that article by saying "In my opinion, the key to MoI's success or failure will not lie in it's abilities but rather in the way it is marketed."

Michael, my man, apart from writing software, you gotta learn how to write press releases as well.

4 Comments:

  • Hi Deelip!

    I sort of have a few pieces left to do like overhauling the web site, and making a demo version before all the pieces are really completely in place. I was figuring I might try to make some more noise after those things were set which shouldn't be much longer.

    But you're right, I'm not really familiar with doing press releases.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:51 AM, January 22, 2008  

  • "But you're right, I'm not really familiar with doing press releases."

    There you go Deelip, the invitation to take up your advise, existing skills and press release list;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:39 AM, January 22, 2008  

  • Intentionally or not, the fact that Deelip Menezes mentions this in his blog is already (free) marketing.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger stefkeB, At 1:23 PM, January 24, 2008  

  • Hi All....

    Today the V2 of MoI3D is on the way and almost complete.
    Check at : http://www.moi3d.com
    New Features for V2 Beta : http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/doc/V2releasenotes.html

    By Anonymous MoI Fans, At 11:06 PM, September 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home